What do you get for your Associate Membership dues?
- Two feature editions (Apr/May and Oct/Nov) of the electronic Nebraska Newspaper magazine. The Apr/May issue is the NPA Convention wrap-up, featuring convention photos and highlighting the award winners. The Oct/Nov issue features the annual Nebraska Journalism Hall of Fame banquet and the inductees. Both issues of the Nebraska Newspaper are sent by email.
- Invitations to participate in our annual NPA Conventions, traditionally held each year in April.
More than 200 persons attend this annual weekend event. The convention provides a great opportunity to network and converse with publishers, editors and reporters from all parts of Nebraska. Associate Members are welcome to attend the convention workshops and banquets and will receive convention details and registration information in the months prior to convention.
- Each Associate Member receives, upon request, the annual NPA Directory and Rate Book, an invaluable reference source that lists everything you want to know about each member newspaper. This is the book to have to find out: names of newspapers, publishers and other personnel, size, date of publication, ad rates, circulation – and much more.
- On a space-available basis, Associate Members may attend our workshops or seminars that may be held throughout the year, focusing on improved writing, photography, sales, production, digital technology and law.
What does it cost?
Our fee structure is simple: $110 for the first annual membership and $60 for each additional individual from the same business or organization. We bill in December for the following year. Membership runs from January 1 – December 31. More than 25 individuals and organizations have joined our Associate ranks. We make every effort to make them feel welcome and to serve them. Contact the NPA office if you’d like to become a member: 402-476-2851 or 800-369-2850 (NE), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some facts about the Nebraska Press Association:
- It is the oldest trade association in the state, first meeting in 1873. It includes all but one weekly and two daily newspapers in Nebraska, one of the dailies being a legal-oriented publication.
- Its membership includes 164 newspapers, of which 15 are daily and the remainder are published once, twice or three times a week.
- Total circulation of the NPA member newspapers is over 417,000.
- The Association is housed in a building it owns at 845 “S” Street, Lincoln, with a staff of six.