Full Membership (Legal Newspapers)
Conditions for Membership:
In order to qualify as a full-fledged member of the Nebraska Press Association, a newspaper must furnish the following:
- Affidavit from Postmaster that the newspaper has been entered as Periodicals matter for at least 52 consecutive weeks and has had an average paid-in-advance subscription list of 300 or more during that time.
- Statement of ownership from City Attorney that in his/her opinion the newspaper qualified for use for publication of official city notices.
- Similar statement from the County Attorney regarding official county notices.
- Fill out our Rate and Data Questionnaire with a Statement of Ownership attached.
- Furnish 6 copies of your newspaper to this office.
This information will be presented to the Nebraska Press Association Board of Directors for their action.
If accepted for membership, send 4 checking copies of each issue of your newspaper to Nebraska Press Advertising Service weekly.
Yearly Membership Dues Structure
(adopted by NPA board on October 15, 1993)
Yearly membership dues are figured with a formula using your paid circulation and our advertising rate. The recent dues formula is:
Weeklies: Take the National ad rate per Standard Advertising Unit times 64.5 inches (half a SAU broadsheet page), add it to the circulation rate times 0.03.
Dailies (under 30,000 circulation): Take the National ad rate per Standard Advertising Unit times 96.75 inches (three/quarters of a SAU broadsheet page), add it to the circulation rate times 0.03.